The Brooklyn Bridge began New York’s age of heroic construction and is essential to an understanding of local history and culture. Through the why and how of the Bridge we read, for example…
- this city’s dynamic expansion
- the unparalleled density of the Lower East Side
- the creation of business and residential districts everywhere
- the stature of history’s greatest seaport
- the first hard step in American racial integration.
The pedestrian walkway offers spectacular views and, like the Bridge itself, is an emblem of the nation’s values at its best as of its opening in 1883.
TOUR COMPANY: New York Dynamic
TOUR TYPE: private, walking, tour_led_by_ganyc_member,
Meets On: by_appointment_only,
Tour Duration: 1 3/4 hours
Tour Distance: 1 1/2 miles
Language(s) Spoken: english,
Max # of Guests: 6
Social Media Link: CLICK HERE